Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Wide Blue Yonder

It has been a while since I last posted.  It has been a year of decisions for me and I recently made the hard decision to resign from my job of 8 years.  For the last four years I had travelled 86 km a day to go to work and I was fast getting very tired from all the travelling. Coupled with other things like health issues, I decided it was time to call it a day.  Not an easy thing when you love your job and the clients you work with become part of a large family.  I truly dreaded the last week and the final goodbye, but happily the tears were few and the days not too stressful at all. 
The first item on the retirement agenda was to have a holiday so after one week at home, I took off to Stratford and stayed with my daughter-in-law for a few days.  This was lovely and gave me the rest I needed.  I came home feeling ready to deal with the carefree days and all the housework that needed to be done.  It has now been four weeks since I finished up and I am becoming a bit of a country bum cum hermit as I do not really want to go out.  But give me time and I am sure that will change. I can honestly say I am not missing all the travel. Catch up with you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment